[Colorado-talk] NFB of Denver Chapter Meeting Saturday

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:31:24 UTC 2017

First, let us acknowledge that some folks will be attending the
service for Ramona Walcott on Saturday.  On behalf of the Denver
Chapter, we  are sending our thoughts and prayers and love to Marianne
and family.

 * * * *

Yes, this Saturday is our first chapter meeting of 2017. We’ll have
Santiago’s breakfast burritos available with juice for $4. On the
program will be the Presidential Report from Mark Riccobono,
discussion of the upcoming Washington Seminar and the issues we’ll
bring to Capitol Hill, and we’ll play a short portion of recordings
about the NFB of Denver from the late Ray McGeorge.  Ray was a charter
member of the NFB in Colorado back in 1955 and, of course, Diane’s
husband and an all-around great guy!

Following our meeting there will be a couple of other events at the Center.

Immediately after the Chapter meeting the Blind Parents Division will
have its monthly meeting.

At 1 p.m., the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) will be
in the gym with their obstacle course, and you can run through it.
This is the same set-up that was featured on Colorado Gives Day in
2015 when 9News came to the Center and broadcasted live as students
and staff ran the course.  Stick around and test yourself!

See you on Saturday!

Dan