[Colorado-talk] BEP Expansion Passes our of committee

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:20:21 UTC 2016

Greetings,

Follow-up to my earlier e-mail.  The bill to expand the BEP, HB16-1048
passed out of the House Business and Labor Committee this afternoon on
a vote of 14-0.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Dianne Primavera, wil expand the kinds of
businesses blind vendors may engage in as part of the BEP.  It also
carries forward a working group that has been discussing how business
opportunities can be developed within the states system of higher
education and Corrections.

Thanks to Rep. Primavera and Rep. Jessie Danielson, who also attended
the hearing.  This bill came out of their earlier work on the Interim
Study Committee.  Scott LaBarre, Dan Whalen and vendor Gary Nelson
also gave important testimony, and we had at least four other members
in the hearing room.

Go vendors! Go Federation!

Dan