[Colorado-talk] Please Distribute: Don't Get Bitten by the Law - Requirements for Service & Assistance Animals

Lorinda Riddle lriddle at cocenter.org
Fri Aug 5 16:46:19 UTC 2016

From: Beems, Julia [mailto:Julia.Beems at ucdenver.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:58 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: FW: Please Distribute: Don't Get Bitten by the Law - Requirements for Service & Assistance Animals

FYI

Greetings -

Please consider distributing the below information to your contacts.  These trainings are open to the public and geared towards business owners and landlords, as well as people with disabilities who have service and assistance animals.  Additional locations and dates may be announced in the future.

Regards,

Emily Harvey
Staff Attorney

[DLC-630x160 (3)]<http://www.disabilitylawco.org/>

[facebooksmall.jpg]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Legal-Center-for-People-with-Disabilities-and-Older-People/123396131049772>  [twitter iconsmall.jpg] <http://twitter.com/thelegalcenter>
    ---
Don't Get Bitten by the Law
Requirements for Service & Assistance Animals
Join Disability Law Colorado at one of our upcoming trainings to learn about the law regarding service & assistance animals!

*       Do you know the difference between a service animal and an assistance animal?
*       Do you know which of these animals is allowed in a public business?  In housing?  In a school?
*       Do you know when an animal - even an legitimate service animal - can be removed from a public business?
*       Do you know what information can be requested of a person with a disability entering a public business with an animal? In housing?
*       Do you know about Colorado's new law regarding intentional misrepresentation of a service or assistance animal and how it will apply when it is effective on January 1, 2017?

If the answer to any of the above questions is "no" we encourage you to attend one of our upcoming trainings - details below:

Denver Training
August 31, 2016
1:00 - 3:00 pm
Mile High United Way
711 Park Ave West
Denver, CO 80205
Click here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dont-get-bitten-by-the-law-requirements-for-service-assistance-animals-tickets-26825599089> to register

Colorado Springs Training
September 7, 2016
2:00 - 4:00 pm
Tim Gill Center - G&L Community Room
315 E Costilla Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Click here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dont-get-bitten-by-the-law-requirements-for-service-assistance-animals-tickets-26825733491> to register

Vail Training
October 5, 2016
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Vail Public Library Community Room
292 W Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657
Click here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dont-get-bitten-by-the-law-requirements-for-service-assistance-animals-tickets-26825822758> to register

Grand Junction Training
October 19, 2016
Details coming soon!

Additional locations and dates may be announced in the future.

If you have any questions about these upcoming trainings, please contact Emily Harvey at eharvey at disabilitylawco.org<mailto:eharvey at disabilitylawco.org> or (303) 722-0300.