[Colorado-talk] ** PROPOSED ** Changes in Fair Structure and Increases

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Mon May 18 00:27:25 UTC 2015

The RTD Operations and Customer Service Committee is meeting on 19 May 2015 to vote upon the below recommendations to the full board.  The Operations and Customer Service Committee and Board can do one of three things to these proposed recommendations; approve them in their entirety, make amendments are not approve them at either meeting.

I encourage all Federationists to attend the RTD Board Meeting on 26 May 2015 at 5:30 p.m. if you wish to speak on the proposed recommendations.  I will send an E-mail next weekend with any amendments to these recommendations if appropriate.  The proposed recommendations are:

RTD proposes three fair levels:  Local, Regional (Express and Regional) and Airport.  The proposed fairs would be:  (The prices are being displayed as regular price/discount price.)

							Local Bus		Regional Bus		Airport Bus
							Local Rail		Regional Rail		Airport Rail
Single Boarding with Cash		$2.60/$1.30		$4.50/$2.25		$9.00/$4.50
One-Way Trip with Smart Card	$2.35/$1.15		$4.25/$2.10		$8.75/$4.35
Day Pass						$5.20/$2.60		$9.00/$4.50		$9.00/$4.50
Monthly Pass					$99/$49			$171/$85			$171/$85

RTD states, "Discount fares apply to all seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, Medicare recipients, and students ages 6-19. Proof of eligibility is required when boarding.”

Passengers paying fairs with a Smart Card include a transfer.

RTD is pricing the monthly passes to 38 boardings.

I am unable to read the stations covered by the zones; however, I can ascertain Littleton Station is now “regional” and RTD proposes the of cost $4.50 with a cash fair and $2.25 with a discount from downtown.  (I would appreciate it if someone with far better vision than mine would write a response to this E-mail with the stations in the proposed Regional Zone.)

RTD proposes to price fairs on the US 36 BRT consistent with local and regional fairs.  For example, the proposal would price:

Fairs on North I-25 Routes:

Denver to Wagon Wheel — Regional
Wagon Wheel to Thorton — Local
Thorton to Denver — Local

US 36 BRT Fairs

Boulder to Table Mesa and McCaslin — Local
Boulder to Flatiron, Broomfield, Church Ranch, Westminster, and Denver — Regional
Denver to Westminster — Local
Denver to Church Ranch, Broomfield, Flatiron, McCaslin, and Boulder — Regional
McCaslin and Flatiron to Broomfield and Church Ranch — Local

Proposed recommendations to the airport include:
Bus or Rail trips starting or ending at the Airport: $9
Regional Monthly and Day Passes valid for trips to or from the Airport
Trips to destinations other than the Airport on the East Rail Line or SkyRide bus routes do not require the Airport fare
Children over age 5 no longer ride free to the Airport
Half fare consistent with the rest of the system
Proposed recommendations for Smart Card:
Transfers available for passengers paying with stored value
Current transfer rules apply:  3 hour window and no round trips
25 cent discount on single trips with stored value (15 cent discount on Discount Fare)
The proposed recommendations for Access-a-Ride are a gentle surprise.

						Local	Regional	DIA
Proposed Fair				$4.70	$8.50	$17.50
Coupon with Ticket Book	$4.25	$7.65	$17.50

There is additional information available in the RTD Committee Meeting packet of 19 May 2015.  I encourage you to go to www.rtd-denver.com to obtain the packet.  Go under the Board of Directors and you will find the link for the meeting packets.  You may find the information on page 173.

Contact me with any questions.

Gary Van Dorn
President, Mile High NFBCO
Board Member, NFBCO
Treasurer, NFBCO Sports & Recreation Division