[Colorado-talk] Denver Chapter Meeting Cancelled for May

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:05:37 UTC 2015

Greetings -

For those in the Denver Chapter, we've cancelled our May meeting.  It
would normally be this Saturday, but since there's a big party for Tom
Anderson's retirement we thought it unlikely that many would want to
get up the morning after and return to the Center for a meeting.  So
please join us at the Colorado Center for the Blind for a proper
send-off for Tom and Linda.  They're already packed and out of their
apartment, and will be off to Kansas in just a couple of days.  We all
certainly wish them the best!

Here's a quick look at our calendar for the summer:

Tom Anderson Retirement Party tomorrow night, 5 p.m. to whenever ...
At the CCB. Food, drink and a bit of a program.  We'll have a Braille
station for guests to leave a message for Tom and Linda, as well as an
audio recording station.  If you haven't RSVP-ed to Robert Dyson yet,
do it today at 303-778-1130.

June 6 Denver Chapter Meeting.
*	Our June meeting will be moved as well.  We'll meet on Saturday,
June 6 at 10 a.m.  That's because the normal meeting date in June has
already been heavily booked at the Colorado Center for the Blind!

June 20 has two big events -
*	Youth Science Seminar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Chemistry, computers
and more!  Parents should contact Brent at 303-778-1130, extention
222.

*	Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users (CAGDU) will hold its annual
seminar on June 20 as well, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.  More information
will be coming soon, but in the meantime folks can RSVP for this event
to Shon Spears at 2303-778-1130, extension 246.

July 5 through 10 is our National Convention in )Orlando, and for our
75th year we'll be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for
an umbrella design, plus much, much more! Go to www.nfb.org/convention
for more info.

July 25 will be the Chapter Picnic.  We'll discuss it more at our June
6 Chapter meeting.

August 15 is the Littleton Western Welcome Week Parade, and members
will be marching with the Colorado Center for the Blind.  We'll have
our Denver Chapter booth as well.

September 19 we'll be back on our normal 3rd Saturday of the month
Denver Chapter meeting.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow night for Tom's send-off! Call me if you
have any questions at the Center or on my cell:  406-546-8546.

Best,

Dan Burke

NFB of Colorado Denver Chapter President