[Colorado-talk] Legislative issues

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:13:58 UTC 2014

Welcome Taylor!  Glad to have you as a part of the NFB of Colorado.
Have you joined a chapter? Is there one near you?

Our legislative issues are directed by our membership at our annual
convention.  They come in the form of resolutions.  We passed a number
of these in October, several dealing with Colorado's Division of
Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).

I can only partly address your questions about emergency
notifications.  First, I've never given it a lot of thought as a
topic, but it can be important.  Many radio stations still interrupt
broadcasts to issue emergency weather alerts, but I'm not in the habit
of listening to the radio during work hours.

During the flooding in September 2013, my iPhone gave me a number of
flood alerts and heavy storm alerts.  I bet that a lot of folks on
this list set those alerts on their iPhone in one app or another, and
then just forget about it till a warning appears.

HTH. If you have other questions you can certainly write to me off
this list.  We hope to get our resolutions posted on the web shortly.

Best,
Dan