[Colorado-talk] Friday Night at Convention

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Wed Oct 16 14:20:20 UTC 2013

Greetings, on Friday night at Convention after 8:00 pm and the conclusion of
the Resolutions Committee, Red Herring Productions will put on a murder
mystery show for us  in which the audience participates.  Below is the
description of the show and the questions each team will need to answer.

                                                     Red Herring Productions

Presents:

                              Murder In Buffalo Chip

                             The setting is the small town of Buffalo Chip,
Colorado, in the year 1888.

  Characters:

                         Olivia Catlin
Clerk of the Land Office

                         Mollie
Mail Order Bride

                         Bear
Claw...............................................        Mountain Man

                         Britt
Dawson...............................................   Railroad Detective

                         Wes
Catlin...............................................       Gambler

                         Cole
Gunfighter

                         Mary Kate
Postmistress

   Welcome to the Buffalo Chip Dance Hall. It gets lonely in the midst of
Colorado's rolling prairies,

   so the monthly dance is an eagerly anticipated event. But tonight, both
locals and outsiders will be

   thrown together in a dangerous mixture of desperation, greed, and
lawlessness...

   To  solve  this  mystery, you will have to watch carefully, listen
closely, and ask a lot of good questions. Your task as a team

   will  be  to  gather  as  much information  as  possible, correlate it,
and come up with the correct solution. We are always

   interested in Motive, sometimes in Method,  and  hardly  ever  in
Opportunity  (we  usually  make  sure  all  suspects  have

   had the same opportunities).  Clues will be both verbal (the innocent
must always tell the truth) and physical. Pay attention to

    details.  Many  facts are red herrings, but there are also 1 or 2
definitive clues that will lead you to the Guilty. However, your

   work is not done once you've decided Who Dunnit - in the case of a tie,
we will award victory to the team with the most

   number of CORRECT clues... Which brings us to an alternate way to win
Fame, if not Fortune. If  your  team develops a

   solution that is not only creative but REALLY off the wall, you too could
be inducted into our Hall of Shamus, where all our

   strange detectives go.

   Good luck, and good sleuthing!

    C  1996, Red Herring Productions, Inc.
RH2021A250

10/18/2013                           Red Herring Productions

                                     Team Solution To 'Murder In Buffalo
Chip'

  Team Name:

  The murderer is:

  The murderer's motive is:

  The clues which led us to this conclusion are:

RH2021A30