[Colorado-talk] This Year's Auction List

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Tue Oct 15 13:36:14 UTC 2013

Greetings Fellow Coloradans and Friends:

Below I am pasting this year's auction list for this year's convention.  For
those attending in person, this is your chance to peruse  the items in
advance and for those who can't be with us, we will be streaming the
convention and will try to figure out a way to take online bids.  I want to
thank Anahit LaBarre and her committee for putting together a great set of
auction packages!

AUCTION LIST

Auction Rules:

Items will be presented for auction at various times throughout the
convention. There will be an auction segment at the NFB of Colorado
Reception on Friday night, October 18.  Our banquet is always a highlight of
the weekend so please join us as we auction off more packages then. We will
accept cash, checks or credit cards. All payments need to be received by
noon on Sunday, October 20. Individual restrictions and expiration dates
apply. Please see the items for details. We have many great packages and
little time so we will be conducting the auction in a fast and speedy way,
so be prepared!

For your convenience we have listed the items we currently have to offer.
There will be additions to this list as we expect more items to arrive.  The
items will not be presented for bid in the order of this list.  Keep in
mind: we are near the holiday season; some of the items would make a great
gift! Support the BELL and annual scholarship programs.our kids, our future!
And let's have fun!

1.          Visit beautiful Durango! ($380 value)

Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Two standard class roundtrip
tickets, (blackout dates apply; a $180 value); and One night classic
accommodation in the Historic Strater Hotel in Durango (expires 10/20/14,
not valid on Friday and Saturday June-October; a $200 value).

2.          It's family time! ($128 value)

A Denver Zoo pack of four tickets ($60 value), four one-hour Jumpstreet
sessions ($48 value); $20 to Five Star Burgers.

3.          Bowling and more! ($145 value)

Brunswick Zone XL Lone Tree Bowling Family fun pack (2 hours of bowling,
shoes, a pitcher of soda and a pizza for up to six people; a $75 value); $10
to Jason's Deli; a family pack to the Denver Zoo ($60).

4.          A Movie Date! ($93 value)

Four passes to the Landmark Theater, expires 12/14 ($48 value), $25 to
Yanni's restaurant at Landmark; $20 to Five Star Burgers at Southglenn.

5.          Taste of Centennial and more ($100 value)

$25 to Mellow Mushroom, two $20 certificates to Five Star Burgers; $10 to
Jason's Deli; $25 to Pappadeaux restaurant, 2 tickets to the Littleton Town
Hall Arts Center (Boeing, Boeing production from Jan. 17th  to Feb. 9th of
2014, a $50 value).

6.          Enjoy the beauty of Colorado Mountains!

($340 value)

Donated by Susan and James Gashel; two nights stay in a one bedroom condo at
The Seasons at Avon. Valid for one year after the purchase.

7.          The Art of Theater! ($320 value)

The Denver Center for Performing Arts. Two tickets for Black Odyssey by
Marcus Gardley (Jan 17 - 31, 2014, excludes Saturday performances; $120
value); One Weekend night stay at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado
Convention Center, expires October 1, 2014 ($200 value).

8.          Downtown Denver! ($325)

One weekend night stay at the Residence Inn Denver City Center (expires
10/31/14; $200 value); $50 to Rock Bottom Brewery Downtown Denver, expires
9/14; $50 to Hapa Sushi Gift Card; a $25 Ocean Prime Steakhouse Gift Card.

9.          Just a little Magic! ($600 value)

Four Disneyland tickets one day tickets, expires 08/15.

10.              A fun girls' night out! ($110 value)

Canvas and cocktails: two complimentary adult painting classes ($30 value),
$25 to Mellow Mushroom at Southglenn, $40 Starbucks card and 1 bottle of
white Zinfandel, value at $20.

11.              Dining in style! ($150 value)

Del Frisco's Steak House, A certificate for dinner for two, expires
10/20/14.

12.              Fun and tasty day at Southglenn! ($96 value)

Color me mine: a $20 gift card towards ceramics and two studio fees;
Breakfast for two and a pound of coffee at Snooze ($40 value) and $20 to
Five Star Burgers restaurant.

13.              Healthy living! ($100 value)

$50 for Whole Foods; $25 for Sprouts Market, and 2 lb. of Starbucks coffee.

14.              Explore Denver ($122 value)

Five tickets to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science ($65 Value); 4
tickets for the Molly Brown House ($32.00 value); two daytime passes to the
Denver Botanic Gardens, ($25 value).

15.              The Beauty of the Rockies! ($300 value)

YMCA of the Rockies: two nights stay in a lodge room at Estes Park Center or
Snow Mountain Ranch, expires 9/14.

16.              Taste of Boulder ($170 value)

A gift card for one large pizza from Old Chicago ($20 value); $25 to
Brasserie 1010; $25 to Pasta Jay's; $25 to Walnut Brewery; $25 to Cheesecake
Factory, $50 to The Mediterranean Restaurant in Boulder.

17.              Taste of North Denver ($105)

$50 to Enzo's End Pizzeria; $30 to P&S Lounge; $25 to Bar Louie.

18.              The Lucky Strike! ($150 value)

Two hours of Lucky Strike bowling for 8 people, (includes shoe rental);
chips & salsa plus Mac & Cheese Bites.

19.              Wine and dine! ($123)

$50 to Incredible Wine and Spirits; $50 to Ivy on the Glenn; 1 box of
assorted chocolates from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory ($23 value).

20.              Eat, drink and be merry! ($165 value)

A certificate for a large pizza from Old Chicago; $25 to Walnut Brewery,
Sing Sing or Rock Bottom Brewery; $25 to Pasta Jay's; two $25 cards to Vine
Street Pub; two bottles of wine from Heritage Liquors ($35 value); a $10
card to Jason's Deli.

21.              For the young at heart! ($69 value)

Indoor skydiving: One flight ticket to Skyventure Colorado, (for 3 minutes
in flight, the entire experience should be about an hour).

22.              Family fun in Colorado Springs ($305 value)

One overnight stay at the Colorado Springs Marriott with breakfast for two
($200 value); a pack of four passes for glow in the dark gold in Colorado
Springs ($25 value); four tickets to Santa's Workshop expires December 24th
($78 value).

23.              Enjoy Colorado Springs! ($225 value)

One night stay at the Adams Mark in Colorado Springs ($150 value); two $25
gift cards to Phantom Canyon Brewery; a $25 gift card to the Olive Branch in
Colorado Springs.

24.              A day full of magic! ($400 value)

Four tickets to Disney on Ice at the Pepsi Center on the 7th of December at
3 pm.; one weekend night at a Courtyard by Marriott ($200 value); $30 to
Crepes 'n' Crepes; $50 to P.F. Changs downtown.

25.              Our NFBCO Tradition

Diane McGeorge prepared something delicious, as usual!

26.              Wines from around the world ($178 value).

Twelve bottles of wine (6 white and 6 red) from Lido Wine Merchant.

27.              A pair of Babouches (traditional Moroccan house

slippers), brought back from the Marrakesh Treaty trip and

donated by Lisa Bonderson. ($50 value).

You can stop by the registration table to see them Friday or Saturday
morning.

28.              Sweet tooth.

A basket of baked goods donated by the students of the Colorado Center for
the Blind.

SILENT AUCTION:

1.  You look beautiful tonight! ($150 value)

A silver bracelet from  <http://www.andrewsjewelrystore.com/> Andrew's
Jewelers.

2.  How we get around! ($176 value)

An RTD regional pass expires April of 2014.

3.  Shopping with a fun bonus! ($100)

DQ: one round 8 inch cake and coupons ($25 value); $50 to Whole Foods; $25
to King Soopers.

4.  The Heart of the NFB ($150 value)

Terry Webb: Heart of NFB painting with $100 frame donated by Christina
Roybal.

5.  Pamper yourself. ($189 value)

$50 to Tease Hair Salon in Littleton plus Sun collection of Paul Mitchell
hair products ($99 value); a Spavia Day spa experience in Greenwood Village
for a half hour massage or facial ($40 value); a $50 card to SOL shop in
Cherry Creek.

6.  Taste of Italy at home. ($68 value)

The RAV house sampler basket ($45 value) and a pack of Savory Spice shop
spices ($23 value).

7.  Something exotic for him and her! ($140 value)

A Whole Foods handmade basket with soap and shea butter, ($40 value), a
Whole Foods gift basket of body products for him and her, ($40 value) and a
beautiful pashmina scarf from Morocco, donated by Lisa Bonderson as a
memento to the Marrakesh Treaty ($60 value).

8.  Coffee flavors from around the world! ($200 value)

Ten one-pound bags of Starbucks coffee, one coffee mug, one box of black
tea, and pumpkin spice coffee drink mix singles.

9.  Coffee of the 21st century! ($70 value)

Four boxes of KCup Starbucks coffee, two boxes of black tea and pumpkin
spice coffee and a coffee mug.

10.      Culinary adventure ($83 value)

A four pack of olive oils from EVOO store (Blood Orange and Walnut Olive Oil
and Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Balsamic vinegar, a $60 value) and spices
from the Savory Spice shop ($23 value).

11.      Shopping extravaganza, sip and shop till you drop!

($120 value)

A $40 card to each, Kohl's and TJ Maxx; three bags of half pound Starbucks
coffee, a mug and Starbucks singles.

12.      A Kindle

We want to take a moment and express special thanks to Celia Leon for her
personal contribution of $500 to the auction funds. Our deep appreciation
goes to all those who assisted in making our auction a live, growing and
successful tradition: Buna Dahal, Maryann Migliorelli, James Beal, Jeanette
Fortin, Christina Roybal, Lorinda Riddle and Jessica Beecham.

On behalf of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado we would like
to thank all the donors for their generous support of our programs!

Adam's Mark in Colorado Springs,  <http://www.andrewsjewelrystore.com/>
Andrew's Jewelers, Bar Louie, Brasserie 1010, Brunswick Zone , Boulderado
Historic Hotel, Canvas and cocktails , Color me mine at Streets at
Southglenn, Christina Royball, Cheesecake Factory, Courtyard by Marriott
downtown Denver, Crepes 'n'crepes , Del Frisco's Steak House , Dynamic Buna,
DQ at Southglenn,  Denver Botanic Gardens , Denver Center for Performing Art
, Denver Zoo, Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Disneyland , Durango and
Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad , Eno's End Pizzeria , EVOO store in
Littleton, Five Star Burgers, Hapa Sushi, Heritage Liquors, Glowgolf in C.
Springs, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center , Historic
Strater hotel in Durango , Ivy at the Glenn restaurant, Incredible Wine and
Spirits,  James and Susan Gashel, Jason's Deli , Jumpstreet , King Soopers;
Landmark Movie Theaters, Lido Wine Merchants, Littleton Town Hall Art
Center, Lucky Strike, Marriott in Colorado Springs, Mellow Mushroom , The
Mediterranean Restaurant in Boulder , Molly Brown House , Ocean Prime
Steakhouse , The Olive Branch restaurant  in C. Springs,  Old Chicago,
Pappadeaux restaurant in Greenwood Village, Pasta Jay's, P.F. Changs ,
Phantom Canyon Brewery in C. Springs, P&S Lounge , Rav House, Residence Inn
Denver City Center , Rock Bottom Brewery,  the Rocky Mountain Chocolate
Factory Old Colorado City , RTD Denver, Savory Spice, Santa's Workshop in
Colorado Springs, Skyventure Colorado,  Snooze Restaurant at Southglenn,
Spavia Day spa in Greenwood Village , Sprout in Centennial, Starbucks
company stores in Littleton and Boulder, Sweet Elephant Confections in Old
Colorado City, CO , Tease hair salon in Littleton, Terry Webb , Tease Hair
Salon in Littleton . Tokyo Joe's, Vine street  Pub , Walnut Brewery , Whole
Foods Market at Southglenn, the YMCA of the Rockies. Yanni's restaurant at
Landmark