[Colorado-talk] 20130730 RTD Study Session -- Service Development

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Sat Jul 27 17:05:12 UTC 2013

This week's RTD meeting is a study session involving the process used to develop service.  I encourage anyone who is able to attend to do so.  The meeting is 30 July 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in the RTD Board room.  I must advise everyone this is a study session.  There is forum for public comment of questions during the session.  You can download the full 3 plus mb packet at http://rtd.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx.

The agenda is:

Service Development Process
How We Develop the Proposed Service Plans
How We Communicate the Plan to the Public
How We Implement the Plan
Power Point Presentation

Analysis:

I found the PowerPoint rather interesting.  There are some slides which are difficult to read either due to the type face they use, or due to the fact there is a diagram which is difficult to reproduce.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has a bearing upon changes to RTD Service.  I want to avoid beating a dead horse, whose meat has already been consumed by the French, albeit I cannot help but think that we need to include ADA in schedule changes.  I think this is an area of discussion the NFBCO and CCDC are able to work upon nationally.

Thank you.

Gary Van Dorn
President, Mile High NFBCO
Board Member, NFBCO