[Colorado-talk] Fwd: Public comment

Lauren B. Hunter nightingale at pcdesk.net
Thu Feb 7 20:17:39 UTC 2013

Hello All,
   This came to me on another list, and I thought it would be of interest here.
Lauren

  Subject: Federal Register-public comment invited on Minimum Sound Requirements for
Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Dear DORS-BESB staff and community partners,
I wanted to bring your attention to a Federal Register notice seeking public comment
relative to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for Minimum Sound Requirements
for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles. The concern over pedestrian safety resulting from
hybrid and electric vehicles that emit little to no sound led to the Pedestrian Safety
Enhancement Act of 2010, whereby the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration
was charged with making recommendations for the enhancement of pedestrian safety
relative to these types of vehicles. Below is a link to the Federal Register notice
where their recommendations are found, inviting public comment. The recommendation
involves equipping these quiet vehicles with audible sound features. The public comment
period lasts until March 15, 2013. There is a link on their main page where you may
directly submit your comments. A link to the 87 comments posted so far can also be
found through the link that is pasted in below.
https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/01/14/2013-00359/federal-motor-vehicle-safety-standards-minimum-sound-requirements-for-hybrid-and-electric-vehicles