[Colorado-talk] FW: Tom Brodie

maryannmigs at gmail.com maryannmigs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:29:56 UTC 2013

Greetings Federation Family,

This official news was passed to me by one of Tom Brodie’s caregivers.

Please keep Tom in your thoughts and prayers while remembering his Federation activities.

Maryann Migliorelli

Hello Everyone,
I have sad news to share that one of our clients, Tom Brodie, passed away last weekend from complications from the flu that lead to pneumonia which eventually put him in a coma and then he passed away.  A memorial service will be held at 11 AM this Saturday at Ridgeview Baptist Church in Wheat Ridge located at 3810 Youngfield St, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, which is the intersection of W. 38th Ave and Youngfield.  There will be an additional informal service at some point at the DDRC, the agency that provided all of his residential and support services.  At the informal service, stories and pictures of Tom are welcome so if you have any that you would like to share let me know.  Tom was an amazing guy who traveled immensely with us participating in 2 Caribbean cruises, a train ride to Chicago, a 1:1 trip to Dallas for the National Federations for the Blind's National Conference last year and most recently our New Year's Eve overnight.  He was a great guy and we have wonderful memories of him!  No doubt he is in heaven driving his "rig" that he always talked about!

Warm regards,

--

Polly Mendoza
Executive Director

HILLS was recently featured on NBC Channel 9 News, CLICK HERE  <http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1995661232001&odyssey=mod> to see the segment and learn more about our travel programs for people with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injury.