[Colorado-talk] SNL Clip of Gov. Paterson skit

Anna Roberts-Dominguez annalizeme at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:52:07 UTC 2008

After reading the link Ryan provided, it confirmed my suspicions.
When Paterson had first taken the governor's office, I had read
somewhere that he doesn't use a cane.  The link Ryan provided states
his dificulty in reading print, which, in my oppinion, is evidence
that man needs to be reading braille.  Coupled with the evidence of
his self-deprecating humor and it sounds like he is a self-loathing
blind person who probably holds simular, albeit contradicting, views
about blindness that ignorant sighted people hold.  Granted, we all
make jokes at our own expense, but I feel confident everyone here
knows how to play the game in public, especially when it is concerning
our professional persona.

What does everyone think about blind organizations, like the NFB, but
not limited to the NFB, releasing statements or offering support of
blind individuals that don't uphold our ideals about blindness?  I
mean, do we, support blind people that do not have nor want to have
blindness skills, which we see as the basis for equality?  I come
across this dicotomy in evaluating and being involved in different
women's movements.  Most women movements do not support all women even
though there is the reality that one woman is seen as all women.