[CCCNFBW] Tapping into the Future NFBW convention agenda release

corey.grandstaff at gmail.com corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 03:45:59 UTC 2024

Federation Family:

Come join us for the 2024 NFB of Washington state Convention: Tapping into
the Future. This exciting event will be held February 29-March 3 at the
Heathman Lodge in Vancouver WA. We have an array of exciting events planned
which include a karaoke night; a goalball event(join us as a player or a
spectator), and for a small fee get food and transportation for the event;
our annual job seeker seminar; sessions for parents, educators, and
students; Beyond Boundaries Bizarre Exhibit Hall; and our accessible
adventures hub and escape room, just to name a few. Learn about advocacy
efforts and find new resources at this annual gathering of the National
federation of the blind of Washington. Please see attached our full
convention agenda, information is subject to change. Come meet new friends,
reunite with old, and see what the future has in store for you. Get your
hotel room and register for this innovative gathering of Washington's blind.

Sponsors: Thank you to the following sponsors of this year's convention:
platinum sponsor, Center for assistive Technology and Training (CATT NW);
gold sponsor, Department of Services for the Blind; silver sponsor,
Democracy Live; and bronze sponsor, Northwest association for Blind
Athletes.

Scholarships: Are you a blind college aged student who will be 18 years old
by the time of convention? The NFB of Washington will be awarding 3 $3000
scholarships at convention, as well as fully supporting recipients to attend
the convention in person. Scholarship applications are due on February 2,
2024. Please apply at the following webpage: https://nfbw.org/scholarships

Convention Registration: all participants must be registered by February 11,
2024. The registration fee is $25 and there is a choice of 4 different meal
packages: no meals, banquet only, all Saturday meals, or Friday lunch and
all Saturday meals. In order to receive a meal at the convention, your food
must be preordered with your registration by February 11.

Convention registration Link: http://www.tinyurl.com/2024-nfbw-registration

Hotel booking: The rate for convention hotel rooms this year is $119 plus
tax. all rooms must be booked by February 11, 2024. You can also call the
Heathman directly at 360-254-3100. Hotel booking Link:
https://www.heathmanlodge.com/rooms#/heathman/?startDate=2024-2-29
<https://www.heathmanlodge.com/rooms#/heathman/?startDate=2024-2-29&endDate=
2024-3-3&adults=1&children=0&disabled=false&promo=2310NATION>
&endDate=2024-3-3&adults=1&children=0&disabled=false&promo=2310NATION

Partner/exhibitor: Are you interested in joining the convention as a sponsor
or exhibiting in our exhibit hall? We would love to partner with you, our
exhibitor/sponsorship registration form is below. For any questions
regarding sponsoring/exhibiting, please reach out to Mario Eiland at
eilandm at gmail.com <mailto:eilandm at gmail.com> . Partnership registration
form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYACuQUj4fauxLW5usIvNn3hnfkPtL-1UN
WstkY4dLIW6gLw/viewform

Educator Sessions: CATT NW is hosting two different sessions at this years
convention: Notetaker Showdown! Chameleon Vs. Mantis; and Introducing TADA,
a Tangible art and design adventure Map. Washington state clock hours and
ACVREP hours will be available for both sessions. You must preregister for
the notetaker Showdown session, see link below:

Notetaker Showdown Registration: http://tinyurl.com/2024-notetaker-showdown

If you have any questions regarding convention, please reach out to Corey
Grandstaff directly at corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
<mailto:corey.grandstaff at gmail.com> . Look forward to connecting with all of
you at this year's annual convention.

     Corey Grandstaff, Treasurer NFB of Washington, Convention Committee
Chair