[CCCNFBW] NFB of Washington convention: Tapping into the Future

corey.grandstaff at gmail.com corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:32:14 UTC 2024

Welcome to the 2024 NFB of Washington state convention: Tapping into the
Future. We are excited you have chosen to join us for the NFB of Washington
convention held February 29-March 3 at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA.
You will find attached the English and Spanish agenda, as well as some
information below.

Rookie Roundup

Please join us tonight via Zoom for our first event of this year's
convention: Rookie roundup; a virtual welcome to all first-time convention
goers. Delve into the essentials of navigation, networking, and future
possibilities. Join us as we uncover the keys to a successful convention
experience, setting the stage for newfound connections and informative
adventures.

Zoom Information:
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82824861044?pwd=bm9vWHp5MUhOdC9BTFlzb1ZLNWRIdz09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82824861044?pwd=bm9vWHp5MUhOdC9BTFlzb1ZLNWRIdz09

Meeting ID: 828 2486 1044

Passcode: 625885

One tap mobile

+12532050468,,82824861044#,,,,*625885# US

Sponsors:

We would like to thank our sponsors of this year's convention: platinum,
center for Assistive Technology and Training (CATT) NW; gold, Department of
Services for the Blind; silver, Democracy Live, Penny forward, and
Amerability LLC; bronze, Bricks for the Blind, The Lighthouse for the Blind
INC, Non-24/Vanda Pharmaceuticals; and Northwest Association of Blind
Athletes. To learn more about our sponsors, visit our website
<http://www.nfbw.org> www.nfbw.org, read the agenda, or find them in the
Exhibit Hall Friday. We would also like to give special thanks to the
following organizations/businesses for in-kind donations to making this
year's convention a success: Washington State School for the Blind, Blind
Onion Pizza, and C-Tran.

Other Announcements:

*	Fragrance Free: For the safety of those who may experience serious
health consequences from exposure to fragrances, we request that attendees
not wear scented products, such as perfumes, colognes, or scented lotions.
*	Yoga: Blind Bliss: if you are planning to attend the yoga session on
Saturday, please bring a towel or yoga mat to the session so you can
participate.
*	Independence walk: If you are planning to join the Independence Walk
on Saturday, please dress appropriately for the weather.
*	If you have not registered for the convention, you can register
on-site at the Heathman when you arrive: however, we have no meals to sell
for the event as we are completely sold out.

Blind Tennis Information Session

        Although not part of the official convention, there is an
opportunity to try Blind Tennis, see information below: Pacific Northwest
Blind Low Vision Tennis Program 2024:

Come and Try Sessions:

When: Thursday, February 29th 3:45-5pm / Where: Vancouver Tennis Center

Proposed Program Dates:

8 week program: (2 courts)

Monday, April 15th 3:45-5pm

Monday, April 22nd 3:45-5pm

Monday, April 29th 3:45-5pm

Monday, May 6th 3:45-5pm

Mid Program qualifying (3 courts) tournament for USBTA Open

Thursday, May 9th 3:45-5:45pm

Monday, May 13th 3:45-5pm

Monday, May 20th 3:45-5pm

Monday, May 27th 3:45-5pm

Monday, June 3rd 3:45-5pm

TEXT PLAY to 5096018447 to receive more information.

We look forward to meeting you or reconnecting with you as we all gather
this weekend to live the life we want.

Marci Carpenter, President

National Federation of the Blind of Washington

Pronouns: she/her

206-604-5507

mjc59 at comcast.net <mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>

www.nfbw.org <http://www.nfbw.org/>

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington is a community of members
and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of blind Washingtonians.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want