[CCCNFBW] West Side Bike Project

Merribeth Greenberg merribeth.manning at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 00:16:19 UTC 2019

Most of the plan has to do with creating bike lanes with a barrier between
the bike lanes and the traffic. Most of the info has to do with Columbia
Street.
They have given us data of studies they have about coalitions with bikers
and pedestrians.
They have given data on alternative streets such as Daniels/Franklin,
Washington, Kauffman/Lincoln.
The committee is to come up with different ideas to meet our goal of a
protected bike path from North to South starting at 45th St down to 6th St.
Seems like a lot of homeowners are worried about loosing there street
parking. Most of the homes are older and garage type structures are
smaller.
I have mentioned many times I want to make sure what is done is safe and
accessible for all.
Some of the committee members have some interesting ideas like 1 way
streets, or blocking the East/West streets so traffic can’t go through.
There is an other lady from the C-TRAN advisory committee (Friend of
mom/Betty); she mentioned being worried about the blocked streets and CVan.

Beth Greenberg

--
Beth (Merribeth) (Manning) Greenberg