[CCCNFBW] April Meeting Recap

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 05:14:37 UTC 2019

Hello everyone, here is a recap of the April Chapter meeting

Matt gave a legislative report detailing our efforts in the state with the
sub-minimum wage bills.  Matt also gave information about the national
legislative agenda.

Corey gave an ice cream social update from WSSB.  Thank you Ryan, Nikki, Les
for supporting the event and enjoying some ice cream with the students.  We
had a few students ask for information and contact details

The chapter has decided that we will contact the LYFT program director to
set up some times to introduce ourselves and so that we can plan a back to
school event with the LIFTT participants in the fall.

Nikki and Ryan discussed a longview/kelso support group.  This group is
unrelated to the NFB and is merely for better organizing the blind in the
Kelso/Longview area.  Our chapter will support individuals financially
looking to go and guide the support group with Nikki and Ryan.

Matt gave an Uncork for Braille ticket and donation list update and
discussion followed.  Make your final plans for picking up donations,
selling tickets and turning in money for the event.  Our event  is drawing
near.

Kay led a philosophy discussion on using your voice to make yourself known,
"leaning in" and not faiding into the shadows to avoid discomfort

The Columbia bike lane decision has been postpone by the city for further
comment.

The Mill plain vine route will extend all the way to 192nd.

The Mill plain ada ramps are currently being fixed.  Affecting pedestrian
foot traffic from fort Vancouver way/mill plain to grand blvd/ mill plain on
north and south street corners.

Tri-met doing away with paper tickets completely by 2020.  Implimenting hop
pass

C-van committee being formed for feedback concerning trips and on time
servicing.  The Chapter discussed different topics for the committee

Our Driver education video is going viral and is being used in training.

Senior resource fair, Herrera butler office on April 23rd from 2-3:30pm

The next chapter meeting will be at Lisa Country Kitchen. Bob will set it up

Basket prep on may 4th, 10 am at corey's