[CCCNFBW] Iq credit union

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:33:42 UTC 2018

Let me add some additional context to this situation so that everyone gets a clear picture. I joined IQ credit union back in March because of the benefit not only of the additional interest rates on the personal accounts but more so due to being able to have early access to my funds through my employer the school for the blind. I also subsequently chose to open up my business account with them as well. From the very start, there has been several accessibility issues that we should be very concerned about.

For example, I tried on two separate occasions to open both a personal and business accounts through IQ credit union online and both times required sighted assistance due to lack of accessibility standards throughout their process of enrollments. They also offer a phone number to contact to set up an account over the phone but when you call that number they tell you that they cannot assist you with account set up over the phone. However, once my accounts were opened my hope was that the website and the app would be accessible enough for me to continue independently managing my bank accounts. I was wrong… Since March, I have been notating accessibility bugs and issues throughout their entire online platform through web browsing on Windows based machines as well as the iOS app version. Major examples of all the flaws that I have documented include:  several mislabeled buttons and duplicate buttons with no navigation target, several form fields or graphics that are not tagged properly, broken navigation links within the online account management system which results in having to exit the app and login to go to a different section. No capability of transferring funds within the iOS app using voiceover screen reader. Improper labeling of the mobile deposit section of the iOS app with no instructions for conducting a mobile deposit. Accessibility is broken with Bill pay.  Improper labeling of graphics and Security graphics for extra layer of account protection, and many more.

I have been in contact with both the vice President of e-services as well as the CEO of IQ credit Union with my complaints and have been met with very little interest on their part to fix the problem. In their last letter, they suggested that I was having difficulty due to my own technology issues. I have been able to duplicate these problems on multiple devices not owned by me over the last six months. I have provided the above documentation regarding some of the accessibility issues that I have encountered. I have even approached them as a private business owner and offered to test the accessibility of their services but was also denied as well. They currently have a company that is in charge of their accessibility based out of Minnesota and that company is claiming that there is nothing wrong with the services as is.

If anybody encounters issues on their end, again please let me know. The bigger the case that we laid out for them, the more they will pay attention. I have let Marci know about the issues that I am experiencing and she is working behind the scenes as well

Matthew Hines