[Cccnfbw] fund raising suggestions for wine & cheese

Robert Sellers robertsellers500 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 12:35:59 UTC 2017

Hello chapter members.

Here is information and suggestions that Patty Heffner regarding raffle
baskets for our next wine & cheese function.

Patty put together our raffle baskets last year (15 of them). We made as
much from the raffle as we did from ticket sales.

------------

Per our discussion, following are some notes pertaining to baskets for the
Wine and Cheese fundraiser at Cellar55 for 2017:

.         NUMBER OF BASKETS:  Agreement on the necessity to reduce the
number of baskets from the 14 in 2016 to approximately 5 in 2017 (larger
more comprehensive focus) for the following reasons:

1.      Space limitations

2.      Many people are unable to stay an entire afternoon - IF PEOPLE KNOW
THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN SOMETHING, THEY WILL BUY MORE RAFFLE TICKETS

3.      SUGGEST HAVING RAFFLES EARLY IN AFTERNOON FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE
STATED ABOVE - SAVE A LARGER ONE UNTIL THE END

4.      Provides for more time to present the purpose of the fundraiser and
is more professional and organized

5.      Is more in line with what other fundraisers have presented
successfully

6.      NO DONATIONS BEYOND THIS NUMBER OF BASKETS WILL BE TURNED AWAY

.         FOCUS ON MOST POPULAR BASKETS:  Agreement that the most popular
baskets with the higher number of tickets in each bucket were

1.      ENTERTAINMENT-  this can be defined as, though not limited to:

a)      WINE OR ANY TYPE OF BEVERAGE (CELLAR55 DONATED WINE AND PASTA
BASKETS WERE A HUGE HIT LAST YEAR) - SO WAS THE DONATED PIZZA PARED WITH A
NICE PIZZA PAN AND SOME SODA POP

b)      FOOD (PIZZA; GIFT CARDS FOR RESTAURANTS OR FAST FOOD PLACES)

c)      MOVIES (DVD'S OR TICKETS - GIFT CARDS TO THEATRES)

d)      STAY-AT-HOME ENTERTAINMENT (HAND-MADE AFGHAN; COFFEE; TEAS; ANY FOOD
ITEMS; POPCORN POPPER; SODA POP; CANDIES, LOTTERY TICKETS, ETC.)

e)       SPA TYPE ITEMS - The donated massage last year was very desirable -
couple it with nice candles or treats (food, wine)

.         SUGGESTED APPROACH BY ALL NFB CLARK COUNTY NFB MEMBERS TO ENSURE
SUCCESS:

1.      START NOW - EACH PERSON BRING IN INDIVIDUAL ITEMS (OR A COMPLETE
BASKET IS ALWAYS ACCEPTABLE)

2.      Kay Kipp has volunteered to assemble the baskets (she has prior
experience) - it is suggested to have several people help out.  This is a
big job

3.      ALL OF THE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS DONATED WILL BE ASSEMBLED INTO GROUPINGS
IN A BASKET TO INCREASE THE VALUE AND ENCOURAGE THE SALE OF MORE RAFFLE
TICKETS FOR BIGGER PRIZES