[Cccnfbw] With my regrets

Don Mitchell donmi at q.com
Wed Mar 21 00:45:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

I learned today from Les, that someone has complained about my minutes. This
both angers and hurts me. I know that spelling is not my long suite. I am
also a very busy person and minutes for the NFB are not at the top of my
priority list. On the other hand, I believe strongly in the mission and work
of the NFB, and strive to participate in meaningful and helpful ways.

To have someone go to the president and complain about my work, and not come
to me first, is an affront. We vote on excepting the minutes at every
meeting. No one has ever objected to the minutes I have submitted.

Because of this treatment I am resigning, immediately, from the office of
secretary. I do this in protest to this line of treatment from my supposed
NFB family.

If we are going to build and maintain a functional and healthy chapter we
must be more mindful and caring  of the feelings of dedicated members.

We offended Beth, in the past, but she still participates. I will still
participate, but will no longer serve as secretary.

Don Mitchell