[BlindRUG] Difficulties with the WriteR package.

shey lontum sheylontum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:48:44 UTC 2018

Hello, greetings to all.
I was trying to use the WriteR application in the brailleR package as
a way of working interactively with R markdown, but I am experiencing
difficulties as follows:
1. First, I tried to open a document I have successfully rendered
using rmarkdown::render, but got the following result: Unable to read
C:\Users\shey Lontum\Documents\BRFSS.Rmd into editor because 'utf8'
codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 538: invalid start byte

I guess my working directory can be guessed from the error message,
including the name of the Rmarkdown file "BRFSS.Rmd".

So I just tried to open an empty Rmarkdown file usingthe command:
WriteR("NewR"), but the only thing I can find on the new window is
some text on the first line that says "Starting new file" and nothing
else. And when I try to render this file, I get a long message that
says:

"Render output goes hereDone
Caught error [Error 6] The handle is invalid for ['C:\\Program
Files\\R\\R-3.4.3\\bin\\x64\\Rscript.exe', '-e', 'if
(!is.element(\'rmarkdown\',
installed.packages()[,1])){install.packages(\'rmarkdown\',
repos="https://cloud.r-" and ofcourse, now HTML file is created in the
working directory.

Pls what can I do?
Thanks.
Shey.

--
Lontum E. Nchadze (M.Sc)
2017 Mandela Washington Fellow (Georgia State University)