[NFBWATlk] state Convention announcement

Corey Grandstaff corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 23:43:08 UTC 2019

Fellow Federationists:

I am excited to announce our annual NFB of Washington State Convention
November 1-3 in Olympia, WA at the Hotel RL Olympia. We are excited to
gather together as a federation family and celebrate the accomplishments
made by blind people throughout the State of Washington, as well as learn
about new opportunities afforded to blind Washingtonians. Our convention
agenda is packed full of many different sessions, including a Job Seekers
seminar, A UEB Re-certification professional development opportunity for
Teachers of the Blind, training for posting on social media, legislative
updates and meet-up, our annual banquet(at which we will award $5000 in
scholarships to deserving blind students), etc. We have also partnered with
the Department of Services for the Blind to ensure blind youth have the
opportunity to join us at this year's convention. We are delighted to have
as our national representative this year, Pam Allen, The Director of the
Louisiana Center for the Blind and the First Vice President of the National
federation of the Blind. We are excited about the wisdom Ms. Allen will
bring to our convention. Please find our convention agenda, which is subject
to change, attached. In addition, please find details regarding the
convention below:

When: November 1-3, 2019

Where: Hotel RL Olympia, 2300 Evergreen Park DR SW, Olympia, WA 98502

Hotel information: Hotel rooms will be $103 per night plus tax and will
include a free hot breakfast in the Hotel RL Restaurant. You must book your
hotel room to get this special rate by October 15. To book a hotel room,
contact the hotel directly at 360-943-4000 and mention you are with the NFB
of Washington or complete a booking online at
https://www.redlion.com/create-booking?property=6116
<https://www.redlion.com/create-booking?property=6116&type=group&code=NATI10
31&redirect=property&start=2019-10-31&end=2019-11-03>
&type=group&code=NATI1031&redirect=property&start=2019-10-31&end=2019-11-03

Shuttle Service to and from Amtrak Train Station in Olympia: If you are in
need of shuttle service to and from the Olympia-Lacey Amtrak train station,
please e-mail Corey Grandstaff at corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
<mailto:corey.grandstaff at gmail.com>  with the following information: names
of all individuals in your party requiring shuttle service, date/time of
arrival, date/time of departure, train numbers for both your departure and
arrival. Please turn in all train details by midnight on October 27, 2019.
If you do not provide your information to Corey before October 27, the Hotel
RL cannot guarantee you shuttle service.

Convention Registration: The registration fee for the 2019 NFBW convention
is $20, with a banquet price of $40. Banquet meal options include steak,
salmon, or vegetarian parmesan. We will also be offering a Taco buffet
Student Lunch on Saturday at an additional $25. The NFB of Washington does
accept online payments for registration costs. Registration closes Sunday
October 27, 2019 at midnight. To register, please complete the following
form: https://nfbw.wufoo.com/forms/k1xz2mzk108btp0/

UEB Re-Certification Professional development: We will be offering a UEB
re-certification Professional development session on Friday November 1,
2019. If a person is interested in this opportunity they must complete a UEB
re-certification application with the Ogden Resource Center at the
Washington State School for the Blind(WSSB), please make sure to put NFBW
convention as your proctor on the form. In order to take the
re-certification test at the end of the training, this form with WSSB must
be completed. In addition, you must complete a NFBW UEB Re-Certification
registration form so we can reserve you a space and boxed lunch for the
class.

WSSB UEB Re-Certification Form: See attached PDF form.

NFBW UEB Re-Certification Form:
https://nfbw.wufoo.com/forms/z1kw9wzn02jmatn/

Exhibitor/sponsor  Registration: Are you interested in being an
exhibitor/sponsor at the NFB of Washington convention? Please find attached
our sponsorship packages, please contact Corey Grandstaff via e-mail at
corey.grandstaff at gmail.com <mailto:corey.grandstaff at gmail.com>  for more
details. In addition, here is a link to the exhibitor/sponsor registration
form, https://nfbw.wufoo.com/forms/prxoio0ndhhiq/

I am very excited about this year's agenda and am looking forward to
gathering together as a federation family once again. If there are any
questions regarding state convention, please contact Corey Grandstaff at
corey.grandstaff at gmail.com <mailto:corey.grandstaff at gmail.com>  or President
Marci Carpenter at mjc59 at comcast.net <mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>

     Lets Go Build the Federation,

     Corey Grandstaff, Treasurer, NFB of Washington