[NFBWATlk] The NFBW State Convention is almost here !!

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 07:59:16 UTC 2019

Hello there!

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington State convention is
just 9 days away!
Do you have your room reservation?
Have you registered for the convention?
Have you planned what talent you are going to show off Friday night at
the Hotel RL stage?
Have you decided what your chapter is going to bring as door prizes
for the convention?
Did you find that perfect piece for an auction item or maybe found
Grandma's secret recipe for a tasty baked dessert?

If you have answered "NO" to any of these questions, don't worry..
there is still time! Not much time, but there is still time!

Here are a few highlights:

Friday you can choose from a UEB Refresher class or maybe the Job
Seeker seminar? Friday morning is going to be packed with many
educational opportunities. For those looking for employment we will
hear from a variety of blind professionals, a professional resume
writer and even an opportunity to practice your interview skills with
mock interviews. Be sure to bring your current resume and have it
evaluated so that the next time you send it out it will be the shining
star of the lot!

Friday afternoon we will be exploring  our vendor hall. Talk to our
sponsors and see what they have to offer! We will also have a
Legislative Meet Up and a Social Media Workshop.

Never been to a NFBW State Convention? Don't worry! Friday evening at
6:45pm we will have our Rookie Roundup. This is a great time to find
out what to expect at our conventions, meet some of our established
members and ask questions.

We will end Friday evening with the Talent Show sponsored by the
Washington Association of Blind Students. Come strut your stuff on the
Hotel RL stage. Share your talent or participate in Karaoke! It is
sure to be a fun time and very lively!

Saturday is packed with so many agenda items. We will hear from our
National Representative, Pam Allen, 1st VP of the National Federation
of the Blind, President of the NFB of Louisiana and Executive Director
of the Louisiana Center for the Blind. Marci Carpenter, our very own
state President, will give an update on all that we have accomplished
during the past year. The afternoon is filled with break out sessions
including BELL workshops, Financial Management, Technology for Home
and Work AND even a self defense session.

Saturday evening will culminate with our banquet. Gary Mackenstadt
will be our MC. We will have a chance to hear from Pam Allen again and
we will announce our scholarship winners!

As you can see, we are planning for a fantastic convention. You don't
want to miss it! There is still time, so register today!

Kris Colcock