[NFBWATlk] FYI: An accessible flip phone, the DuraXE 4710.

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:51:39 UTC 2019

Hello Folks,

This DuraXE 4710 GSM phone is great if you would like a flip phone, physical
buttons, and only care to text, talk, and e-mail.

It also comes in the DuraXE V that should work with Verizon, though I don't
know if the below company has those in stock.

This GSM 4710 device is the device my husband has, and it is the Kyocera
DuraXE.  It is a custom Android version and will not take apps, but is
loaded with the standard clock, timer, calendar, e-mail, and more, that are
fully accessible.

It can also get on the internet, but I have not found the voice guidance
works there.  But if you are one who doesn't want the internet on your
phone, this might be a great answer for you.  The voice guidance works very
well with the other built-in apps, and has multi-function soft keys on the
upper left and right of the key pad, very similar to some of the older Nokia
phones on the symbian platform.

This also will support expandable memory, and has an external battery.  It
is a military-grade pphone, water-resistent, rugged, black textured case,
and should work for a long time.

I just bought a refurbished one this summer as a backup, and honestly, it
functions like new.

They can be purchased refurbished for $99.99 from Energy Electronics.  For
more information, call Jaelyn at(203) 439-5900.  This is where I purchased
mine, and they even activated the voice guidance for me before shipping.

Below is a description and link to the phone specs.

The Kyocera DuraXE, an ultra-rugged clamshell phone, is rated mil-spec 810G
for durability and IP68 for protection against water and dust. The DuraXE
has dual screens, including a 1.08-inch external monochrome display and a
2.6-inch main color display. The phone is powered by a 1.1 GHz quad-core
Snapdragon 210 processor, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage. GPS, Bluetooth,
and WiFi are also available.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Kyocera-DuraXE_id9876

Judy

"Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings."