[NFBWATlk] Senior Financial Officer - Department of Services for the Blind, Lacey Headquarters

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Nov 7 21:04:49 UTC 2019

From: Cox, Kristina (DSB) [mailto:kristina.cox at dsb.wa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:53 PM
To: DSB DL Stakeholders <stakeholders at dsb.wa.gov>
Cc: Stannard, Meredith (DSB) <meredith.stannard at dsb.wa.gov>; Grimes, Yvonne (DSB) <Yvonne.Grimes at dsb.wa.gov>
Subject: Senior Financial Officer - Department of Services for the Blind, Lacey Headquarters

Hello,

DSB is hiring for a  Senior Financial Officer<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2622824/senior-financial-officer-exempt?keywords=senior%20financial&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs> in our Lacey Headquarters Office; opening today, November 6, 2019, and closing on December 6, 2019.  Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for earliest consideration. Please post or share the link with your networks. Interested parties should complete their application online at the Careers.wa.gov website by following this link:  Senior Financial Officer<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2622824/senior-financial-officer-exempt?keywords=senior%20financial&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs>.

By joining our team as the Senior Financial Officer (SFO), you will serve as the steward of our financial integrity by providing strategic and tactical financial leadership, control, and oversight for DSB and will ensure effective fiscal operations for the Independent Living, Vocational Rehabilitation, Youth Services, and Business Enterprise programs.  Reporting to the Executive Director, you will serve as a financial advisor to our Executive Management team, the State Rehabilitation Council and other agency managers.  The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience in business and strategic planning and performing complex financial analyses. You will have the ability to tackle challenges utilizing an adaptive approach to problem solving by identifying issues, analyzing, and providing multiple solutions and impacts. Moreover, you are able to explain complex financial challenges and solutions succinctly to a diverse audience.

Qualifications
Required Qualifications:

  *   Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required, AND
  *   Five (5) years supervisory experience managing different skill levels, AND
  *   Four (4) years' experience in business planning and strategic planning, AND
  *   Four (4) years' experience performing complex financial analyses

Required knowledge, skills, and abilities should include:

  *   Ability to understand and think "big picture"
  *   Willingness to perform daily operational tasks, as necessary
  *   Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team environment
  *   Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to diverse audiences
  *   Ability to manage multiple projects or assignments at the same time
  *   Ability to identify issues, analyze and provide multiple solutions and impacts
  *   Ability to make data driven, defensible recommendations and decisions
  *   Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills

Supplemental Information
Please attach the following documents, failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position:

  *   A letter of interest that shows your personality and voice to describe why you are the successful candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
  *   Current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
  *   A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.

VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.

We celebrate our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.

Persons with a disability, who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.<http://www.washingtonrelay.com/>

Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Jennifer McWaid at Phone: 360.407.8210 or by email at jobs at des.wa.gov<mailto:jobs at des.wa.gov>.

Thank you,
Kristina Cox
Executive Assistant and HR Consultant
Department of Services for the Blind
PO Box 40933
Olympia, WA  98504
(360) 725-3836

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>