[NFBWATlk] Tremendous Convention

vincentricks65 vincentricks65 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:48:21 UTC 2019

Yes Indeed, it was a tremendous convention, and I really enjoyed the Job seekers, semiar, and and I think Chris Colcock, did a great job on running the semiar, and her and Kay, did a great job on door prizes, and Pam Allen's, baquet speech, was great also, all in all it was the greatest convetion, that me and Sunni, have been to in years. Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Les Fitzpatrick via NFBWATlk <nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org> Date: 11/6/19  8:41 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List' <nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org> Cc: Les Fitzpatrick <lfitz50 at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [NFBWATlk] Tremendous Convention It definitely was a great convention, I especially enjoyed hearing from PamAllen and seeing Rolland .As WelL.Les FitzpatrickPiano TechnicianHam Call Sign: K5FPT-----Original Message-----From: NFBWATlk <nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Kaye Kipp viaNFBWATlkSent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:03 AMTo: 'NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List' <nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org>Cc: Kaye Kipp <kkipp123 at gmail.com>Subject: Re: [NFBWATlk] Tremendous ConventionYes, it was a great convention; one of the best.  I always thing they can'tget any better, but they do.  I add my congratulations to the newly-electedboard members and scholarship winners.Kaye-----Original Message-----From: NFBWATlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Prows,Bennett (HHS/OCR) via NFBWATlkSent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 7:14 AMTo: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List <nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org>Cc: Prows, Bennett (HHS/OCR) <Bennett.Prows at HHS.GOV>Subject: [NFBWATlk] Tremendous ConventionThe just completed NFB of Washington convention was a vintage convention ofnorthwest conventioneers. How's that for a conventional opening. (grin.)This year's NFB of Washington convention was full of activities, enthusiasm,passion, and energy. I was extremely impressed  by the number of engagedblind friends and sighted participants who really came to work, play and bethe true Federation family. Marci of course did a fantastic job of runningall the convention sessions as our esteemed President, and the conventionplanning committee, with Corey Grandstaff as coordinator/chief/whip, ETC andall the others who worked on things was outstanding. The fact that we hadparticipants from California, Oregon, Louisiana and Canada made our wholeweekend a diverse fun and re-energizing event. Thanks to all who made thingsrun smoothly, and yes, to those who donated to the NFB of WA, bringing andpurchasing auction items, buying drawing tickets from our chapters and theWashington Association of Blind Students. Our students are vital, and movingforward fast, and congratulations to all the officers of that revitalizeddivision.The scholarship winners this year were Nikki Palm and Isaac Heiman. And,Isaac also was elected as student division state President.Of course, Pam Allan, First Vice President of the NFB was at the convention,and was outstanding at all the events. Her banquet speech touched me forsure, and I heard others who commented very positively about her presenceand the reports and speeches she gave from the national office. She and herhusband Roland worked all weekend with parents, students and the rest of usand really helped on the seminars and other activities.If  you missed this convention, it is really too bad. It was, as I thinkI've made clear by now, a convention none of the participants will forget. Iknow I'll savor memories of last weekend./s/Bennett/s/Bennett Prows_______________________________________________NFBWATlk mailing listNFBWATlk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info forNFBWATlk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/kkipp123%40gmail.com_______________________________________________NFBWATlk mailing listNFBWATlk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info forNFBWATlk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/lfitz50%40gmail.com_______________________________________________NFBWATlk mailing listNFBWATlk at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBWATlk:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/vincentricks65%40gmail.com