[NFBWATLK] More NLS books

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue May 21 01:31:11 UTC 2019

Tomorrow, May 21, I will be flying to Washington DC for three days of meetings regarding braille and talking books. I am the NFB representative on the NLS Collection Development Advisory Group. We meet every other year and make recommendations to NLS about authors and genres of books that our constituents would like to have available. These can be adults, children, graphic novels, Fiction, nonfiction and formats in  braille, talking book and magazines. NLS implements most of what we recommend so this is genuinely an opportunity for our voices to be heard.

What authors or kinds of books would you like to have available or do you want to have increased variety? Please do not respond to this email but instead send your requests to me at mjc59 at comcast.net. Everyone’s input is valid so we won’t have any debates about particular books here.

I eagerly await your ideas!

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
mjc59 at comcast.net

“Live the life you want”

Sent from Marci's iPhone