[NFBWATlk] [Participant recruitment] Research opportunity at University of Washington

Yuhang Zhao zhaoyh630 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:20:17 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Our research group collaborating between University of Washington and Cornell University is studying how smartglasses could provide low vision people equal access to information. Our current project focuses on using smartglasses to facilitate way-finding tasks.  We are looking for volunteers to participate in a study to help us with our work!

Participants must

Be at least 18 years old
Have low vision (i.e., a visual impairment that cannot be corrected with contacts or glasses)

Participants will be compensated $20 (or a $20 gift card) for each hour of a study session. The study will be around 1.5 hours and the compensation will be $30. If participants require assistance with transportation to the study location, we will pay for their transportation expenses up to $30.

The study will be scheduled between August 14th to September 7th. The location is Sieg Hall, University of Wasthington (1851 NE Grant Ln, Seattle, WA 98195). If you are interested, please contact us at yz769 at cornell.edu <mailto:yz769 at cornell.edu> (Yuhang Zhao) or shiri.azenkot at cornell.edu <mailto:shiri.azenkot at cornell.edu> (Shiri Azenkot).

We look forward to meeting with you and learning from your experiences! Please feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested in.

Best,
Yuhang Zhao
PhD Candidate
Information Science, Cornell University

Shiri Azenkot
Assistant Professor
Information Science, Cornell University

Leah Findlater
Associate Professor
Human Centered Design & Engineering, University of Washington