[NFBWATlk] Employment Training Specialist job open at University of Washington Seattle
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Jul 15 17:37:24 UTC 2019
From: ccer at yahoogroups.com <ccer at yahoogroups.com> On Behalf Of Laurie Ford lhf4 at uw.edu [ccer]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 8:14 AM
To: 'ccer at yahoogroups.com' <ccer at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [ccer] Employment Training Specialist job open at UW
From: Kurt L Johnson <kjohnson at uw.edu<mailto:kjohnson at uw.edu>>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:15 PM
To: Laurie Ford <lhf4 at uw.edu<mailto:lhf4 at uw.edu>>
Subject: Post to listserv
Would you be so kind as to post this position announcement to your CRP list?
EMPLOYMENT TRAINING SPECIALIST 1
EMPLOYMENT TRAINING SPECIALIST 1
Closes On 07/24/2019
$2,965.00 to $3,935.00 monthly
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.<http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/benefits/forms/ben-summaries/classified.pdf>
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for four consecutive years.
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, ranked #3 in US News & World Report, is a complex academic and clinical department in the School of Medicine and Affiliated Hospitals, which include the UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, VA Hospitals, and Children's Hospital. The Department includes Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Neuropsychology, and Vocational Rehabilitation units, as well as four undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition, the department hosts six federally funded Centers and attracts more than $13 million in grants from various funding sources.
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine currently has an outstanding opportunity for an Employment Training Specialist.
* Coordinate job development, placement and training of assigned clients with disabilities.
* Under general supervision, coordinate job development, placement, training, and continued employment of assigned clients. Work with employers, parents, agencies and other support personnel to assure successful and equitable employment.
Provide direct service to clients: develop jobs, match clients with jobs, provide on-the-job training/fading, provide follow-up services and case management for a caseload of 10-12 clients minimum) requiring long-term support (70%)
* Evaluate each assigned client's skill level and match to the appropriate job and environment; conduct a task analysis of the proposed job, develop performance standards, and develop a daily task sequence; develop and implement individual client training plans that include behavior and task oriented goals
* Train clients placed in competitive jobs in the use of industry specific equipment and procedures; establish speed and quality performance standards required by the work place; develop clients' social and personal interaction skills; teach clients to use the transportation system
* Collect, record, and interpret data relating to client performance and progress on the job; summarize data using graphs, tables, or figures
* Negotiate with the employer to modify job tasks in order to conform to client's skill range and any special needs
* Provide client progress information to funding agencies, parents, therapists, and home living instructors
* Refer clients to other professional services such as mental health, rehabilitation and independent living counseling as appropriate
* Advocate for the client's interests with employers, support personnel, and funding agencies to ensure equity and promote client independent living;
* Through research and networking, identify and contact prospective employers and market services; negotiate contracts for future placements. (15%)
* Provide education, training and consultation to employers regarding employment of clients with disabilities and legal issues related to employment; maintain ongoing contact with employers to provide ongoing feedback, receive progress reports, resolve problems that may arise, and monitor the employment contract; (10%)
* Ensure the provision of quality services by keeping informed of developments in the field and networking (5%)
Perform related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in special education, psychology, rehabilitation, vocational counseling, or related field OR Equivalent education/experience.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
Kurt L. Johnson, Ph.D. | Professor
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
Box 356490 School of Medicine
University of Washington | Seattle, WA 98195
206.543.3677 | 206.685.3244 FAX | kjohnson at uw.edu<mailto:kjohnson at uw.edu>
Posted by: Laurie Ford <lhf4 at uw.edu<mailto:lhf4 at uw.edu>>
Reply via web post<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ccer/conversations/messages/1192;_ylc=X3oDMTJwMHAzYjJxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNDM0NTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgyMzUzBG1zZ0lkAzExOTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNTYyOTQ0NDYx?act=reply&messageNum=1192>
Reply to sender <mailto:lhf4 at uw.edu?subject=Re%3A%20Employment%20Training%20Specialist%20job%20open%20at%20UW>
Reply to group <mailto:ccer at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Employment%20Training%20Specialist%20job%20open%20at%20UW>
Start a New Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ccer/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaXMwY2doBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNDM0NTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgyMzUzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTU2Mjk0NDQ2MQ-->
Messages in this topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ccer/conversations/topics/1192;_ylc=X3oDMTM0ZDBzZG9yBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNDM0NTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgyMzUzBG1zZ0lkAzExOTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNTYyOTQ0NDYxBHRwY0lkAzExOTI-> (1)
Visit Your Group<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ccer/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJldXZ0YWtzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNDM0NTMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgyMzUzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTU2Mjk0NDQ2MQ-->
More information about the NFBWATlk