[NFBWATLK] Action needed on SB 5753

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 05:54:35 UTC 2019

Our bills to end subminimum wages in Washington are moving along. The House Committee voted to send HB 1706 to the House floor for a vote. The Senate Labor and Commerce Committee held a hearing Monday on SB 5753. Now we need to make sure they hold their Executive Session to vote on it. That must happen by this Friday or the Senate bill dies.

What we need is for everyone to contact your state Senators right away and ask them to urge Senator Karen Keiser (D 33rd and Chair of the Senate Labor and Commerce committee) to hold that Executive Session this week. You can email or call your Senator directly or call them through the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-562-6000 (TTY: 1-800-833-6388). You can also contact Senator Keiser directly at Karen.Keiser at leg.wa.gov. If you send an email please cc me.

Let’s make sure that SB 5753 gets sent to the full Senate for a vote!

Thank you,

Marci Carpenter
mjc59 at comcast.net