[NFBWATLK] Voted Secretly

Wed Oct 31 21:28:05 UTC 2018

Hi Listers,

After the Seattle chapter had its  meeting and subsequent accessible voting machine event, I decided that I was going to get to the elections office and try my hand at voting with one of those things. (not really, I somehow lost my ballot in the mail, so decided to use the machine close to my office. Smile)  I called the county elections office and discovered that there was a voting machine within two blocks of where I work, so it was a great opportunity. For only about the fourth or fifth time in my life, I was able to independently vote and cast my ballot. I felt more a part of the democratic process, given that I did it myself. No more having to explain my votes to someone who marked my ballot, (though I never have been shy about whom or what I have voted for.)

I liked the experience a lot though, and would recommend that if you get the chance, find an accessible voting machine, and with just a few instructions, you too will vote secretly.

But, no matter what you do, vote in this year's election.

/s/

Bennett Prows