[NFBWATLK] Sue Ammeter

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 03:37:45 UTC 2018

I received word today that Sue Ammeter died early this morning. She had apparently been ill recently and was in the hospital in Seattle. I am not sure of the cause of death. I do not have any news yet about a service or anything.

I had been in contact with Sue quite a bit over the last couple of years. We worked together on the DSB SRC and other advocacy issues. She was not a member of the NFB but she had a strong belief in the capabilities of blind people and fought to hold the agency accountable and fought for the civil rights of all blind people. I will miss her.

I will post more when I know it.

Marci