[NFBWATLK] issue with some pdf files

Mary ellen gabias at telus.net
Mon Oct 16 23:44:17 UTC 2017

When I opened the WATAP advisory board recruitment announcement in pdf, many of the words ran together.  I've experienced the same problem from other sources, notably the Francophone school board here in BC.

Do any of you with more technical proficiency know if there's a way to open these files and preserve the spaces between words?  If the problem is in the conversion, is there something we can suggest to those who produce these documents that would cause them to be saved in a manner that makes them readable?  On a very crude level these are accessible, in that all the letters are there.  However, a line with everything run together into a single word is not all that readable, especially with a screen reading program.  It is possible to arrow through a document and guess where the spaces belong with a reasonable degree of accuracy,
Butitisn'treallyallthateasy,anditiscertainlynotmuchfun!