[NFBWATLK] Art Beyond Sight at Olympic Sculpture Park

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jun 15 17:09:20 UTC 2017

From: Kelsey Donahue [mailto:KelseyD at SeattleArtMuseum.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:17 PM
Subject: Art Beyond Sight at Olympic Sculpture Park

The next Art Beyond Sight tour of the Seattle Art Museum for visitors with low or no vision is on Wednesday, June 21st at 1:30 pm at the Olympic Sculpture Park. This is our last tour before we take a summer break! The tour will meet at the west side of the park, at the start of the Elliott Bay Trail where Broad St. turns into Alaskan Way. The June 21st tour will include visual descriptions of natural and manmade works in the Olympic Sculpture Park.  Arrive at 1 pm for light refreshments and social time in the great outdoors!

Limited parking is available beneath the PACCAR Pavilion located at 2901 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121. If arriving via public transit, take the 99 Bus and get off at the Broad and Elliott stop where Docents will be greeting visitors and guiding them to our meeting place. For taxis and other driving services, give your driver the address 2801 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121, which is just south of our meeting place. Docents will be standing nearby to assist.

For the entirety of the tour, we will be outside, immediately adjacent to the Puget Sound, and some walkways will include crushed gravel paths.  As such, please dress accordingly. We also strongly encourage you to bring an umbrella.

Admission to the Olympic Sculpture Park is always free, but advance registration is required. Attendees are also welcome to bring a companion on the tour, indicate whether you will be joined by a companion-including four-legged guides-when you register. To register, email kelseyd at seattleartmuseum.org<file:///\\dtfs\Education\Volunteers\Common\ACCESS\Tour%20Emails\FY17\kelseyd@seattleartmuseum.org> or call Kelsey Donahue at (206) 654-3133.

Please pass along this information to other individuals that you think would be interested. Tours are open to anyone who might benefit from a visual description based tour.

KELSEY DONAHUE
Museum Educator, School & Educator Programs

Seattle Art Museum
p: 206.654.3133
seattleartmuseum.org<http://seattleartmuseum.org/>

YAYOI KUSAMA / Seattle Art Museum / Jun 30 - Sep 10

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Olympic Sculpture Park and the expansion of Seattle Art Museum!