[NFBWATLK] {Disarmed} Job openings

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Feb 24 16:48:35 UTC 2017

From: ccer at yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccer at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of LAURIE FORD lhf4 at uw.edu [ccer]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 8:30 AM
To: 'ccer at yahoogroups.com'
Subject: [ccer] Job openings

Hi folks - happy Friday!

This message includes information about two open positions - one with the Veterans Benefits Administration in Spokane, and one with Orion in Mukilteo.

We have avoided sending out job announcements in the past but thought we'd offer these as a trial balloon.  What do you think?  Is this an ok use of your email time, or would you rather continue to have this list limited to trainings and conferences?

I look forward to hearing from you either way -- Laurie

Laurie Ford, VR Projects Director
Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation
University of Washington
6912 220th SW, Suite 105
Mountlake Terrace, WA  98043
(425) 771-7428 office
(206) 303-0672 cell
Toll free (888) 377-0100 ext. 309
http://www.ccer.org<http://www.ccer.org/>

Promoting access and inclusion for people with disabilities
through education, collaboration, and connection to resources.

I wanted to reach out to you and share the information that there will be a VRC position opening in Spokane soon, for the Veterans Benefits Administration.  If you can think of any qualified candidates, preferably veterans or Schedule A status, that would be great.  Otherwise, if you don't mind sending the announcement out through your Emerging Leaders roster, that would be very appreciated.  The position is out-stationed with two other VRCs, so there is not a huge amount of direct supervisory support available for training, etc.  There is likely some travel required in the position as well, since we cover eastern Washington.
It will be showing up on USAJobs at some point, and folks will need to apply through that portal.  It is very important to follow all directions as closely as possible, since HR will look for small things to disqualify candidates.  Also, positions are sometimes only open for a few days, so it is important to move on it quickly.

I hope that you are doing well, and that you have an amazing new crop of Emerging Leaders to help flourish :)! Please don't hesitate to call or email if you need further information, or just want to say hello.

With Regard,

Michell L. Wood,  M.Ed.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center
4815 N. Assembly St, Bldg 6A
Spokane, WA  99205
(509) 434-7757
Michell.Wood at va.gov<mailto:Michell.Wood at va.gov>

Hi Laurie
Is it possible to share this?

We just opened a employment program manager position in Mukilteo.

This person will manage our employment services in our Mukilteo location independently.  They will also build and expand our Orion model of transitional employment into the Mukilteo site.  Anyone with questions can feel free to reach out to me.

The Position:
Mukilteo - Employment Program Manager
Objective:
To uphold the Mission and Vision of Orion:

  *   Orion's Vision states: "We are a leading model for social enterprise strengthening our community so that every individual has an opportunity to contribute and have a career."
  *   Orion's Mission states: "We change the lives of people with barriers to employment by building esteem and creating opportunities through training, education and successful business platforms."
To maintain Orion's core values in all interactions and operations. Orion's values are "Innovation, Customer Service, Accord, Respect and Excellence."
To maintain Orion's essential Job Qualifiers in all activities:

  *   Teamwork - Works positively with other team members to achieve goals.
  *   Communication - Communicates clearly, thoroughly and professionally with internal and external customers through verbal and written means.
  *   Empathy - Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings and motives. Belief in each individual's abilities.
  *   Positivism - Openness and acceptance of ideas and initiatives
  *   Customer Service - Provides courteous, respectful, timely, accurate and personalized attention.
  *   Independence - The ability to plan, organize, prioritize and complete work with minimal assistance.
To provide leadership within Orion and to the Training and Employment Services Department by setting, guiding and achieving personal, departmental and strategic goals.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management

  *   Provide strategic direction of the Mukilteo location and Orion through the strategic planning process in order to develop high level initiatives that will drive program improvement.
  *   Provide leadership and support to the Orion Team to achieve company, departmental and personal objectives.
  *   Develops and fosters relationships with existing and new funding sources. Serve as primary contact for Snohomish County DDA contract and manages all departmental contracts (Snohomish County, DSHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation etc.).
  *   Responsible for program development/expansion and research into and implementation of best practices.
  *   Supports preparation and maintenance of accreditation (CARF, DDA) for programs and services.
  *   Manage data related to each training program including enrollment, billing, results and more.
  *   Develop reporting on program outcomes in accordance with DDA and Orion expectations.
  *   Serve as primary point of contact for all Mukilteo site employment services needs that require escalation (grievances, injuries etc.)
  *   Assures participants are actively participating in and receiving benefits from a quality program of their own design and that stated outcomes are being achieved.
  *   Schedule and lead weekly or biweekly departmental meetings focusing on key metrics / action plans.
Budget

  *   Works with Vice President of Services to develop Mukilteo site employment services budget.
  *   Assures appropriate departmental fiscal practices, including annual budgeting and active management of income and expenses.
  *   Manage staff time to assure billing meets industry standards and budget expectations.
  *   Ensures timely reporting for billing purposes.
Staffing / Supervision / Leadership
Staffing:

  *   Hire staff that fit Orion Mission and Values to achieve company and divisional goals and objectives.
  *   Provide consistent and effective training and development of staff.
  *   Effectively direct staff and resolve performance problems quickly.
Supervision:

  *   Provides division staff with necessary support to effectively and efficiently do their jobs in the development of positive relationships with participants.
  *   Assures each staff maintains up to date and comprehensive participant records and that documentation meets professional accreditation and record keeping standards. Provides case record reviews and quality assurance reviews with Employment Services team. Assures each staff maintains up to date Career Path Plans for DDA participants.
  *   Supports each staff to coordinate participant-centered services with funding agencies, governmental departments, community service programs and families in order to fulfill the participant's Career Path / Vocational Plan.
  *   Assures effective intake, individual planning, program implementation and exit procedures are in place and being followed.
  *   Completes annual performance reviews on employees within department as well as manufacturing participants.
Teamwork / Communication

  *   Effectively communicates with program managers, supervisors, participants, parents, guardians, residential support providers, co-workers, referral source representatives and all significant others to ensure successful planning, transition, resource coordination, training and participant centered services are provided.
  *   Support all members of Orion's Employment Division and Orion team fully to achieve agency, departmental and personal objectives.

Qualifications:
1.      Bachelor degree within human services, special education, or vocational rehabilitation preferred
2.      A minimum of three years supervisory experience.
3.      Ability to work independently.
4.      At least two years of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. Knowledge of disabilities and their impact on functioning and employment.
5.      Ability to apply positive behavior support principles and strategies.
6.      Excellent customer service skills - ability to relate well to all customers including program participants, staff and external customers including referral sources and businesses.
7.      Excellent ability to communicate in English - both verbally and in writing.
8.      Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from all stakeholders.
9.      Ability to analyze, coordinate and synthesize information and reach sound conclusions.
10.    Strong computer literacy.
11.    Must have valid driver's license and insured vehicle.
12.    Present a positive, professional image in demeanor and dress to meet the public.

Link to apply:

http://orionworks.org/careers.php

Thanks
Kathy

________________________________
Kathy Powers, M.S., CRC
Vice President of Services

ORION
1590 A St Northeast
Auburn, WA 98002
P: 253.458.7621
C: 206.941.2972
kathy.powers at orionworks.org<mailto:kathy.powers at orionworks.org>

OrionWorks.org/employment<http://OrionWorks.org/employment>

manufacturing training | office skills & customer service training | contact center training | job placement

IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL | http://www.orionworks.org/disclaimer/

__._,_.___
________________________________
Posted by: LAURIE FORD <lhf4 at uw.edu>