[NFBWATLK] Executive Director sought for Northwest Access Fund - Please Post
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Aug 25 15:38:30 UTC 2017
From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:06 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV<mailto:GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV>
Subject: FW: Executive Director sought for Northwest Access Fund - Please Post
From: jbrummel at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:jbrummel at washingtonaccessfund.org> [mailto:jbrummel at washingtonaccessfund.org] On Behalf Of Jack Brummel
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:48 PM
To: Olson, Toby (ESD) <TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV<mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV>>
Subject: Executive Director sought for Northwest Access Fund - Please Post
Executive Director – Northwest Access Fund
The Northwest Access Fund is seeking an Executive Director with excellent nonprofit management, outreach, and fundraising skills. The Access Fund is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) established to promote access to technology and economic opportunity for people with disabilities in Washington and Oregon.
The Access Fund provides low interest loans, matched savings accounts, financial counseling, and other financing services. It helps people of all ages with disabilities of all types to acquire the technologies needed to live independently, to succeed at school, at work, at play and in the community, to build assets, and otherwise improve their socio-economic circumstances. The Fund has a small highly dedicated staff (6+ total FTE) and a committed 15-member Board of Directors—a majority of them are individuals with disabilities--with a range of skills in community development, assistive technology, banking, and disability policy.
This position is hired by and under the general supervision of the Board of Directors.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and applicants for employment will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
* Provide strategic leadership and program direction and development within the context of organizational vision, mission, and core values under the general discretion and authority of the Board of Directors.
* Implement organization’s priorities and objectives as established by the Board.
* Work closely with and seek counsel from the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors. Support the Board of Directors with regards to meetings, board development, and planning.
* Work closely with the Development Director and other staff to conduct public relations and outreach activities. Oversee an annual Development Plan in collaboration with the Development Director.
* Spearhead the research of and response to grant opportunities, and solicit corporate and grant funding in conjunction with Development Director and program staff. Contribute significantly to the writing and submission of grant and other funding applications.
* Responsible for overall financial management of the organization. In collaboration with the Finance Manager and Board Treasurer, manage total current assets of approximately $2 million and an operating budget of $700,000. Draft annual budget in collaboration with the Finance Manager and Board Financial Committee for full Board approval.
• Responsible for management and supervision of all staff, including hiring of new staff, providing for an annual evaluation, and maintaining high level of staff retention. Delegate and assign administrative, program, and development tasks as needed. Provide effective communication and cultivate an office environment that allows for professional development.
* Ensure compliance with all grant requirements and supervise preparation of grant and other program status reports to Board, grant sponsors, and other funders.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant nonprofit management experience
* Experience with community development lending and/or asset building strategies for low-income populations
* Established experience in fundraising, grant writing and submission
* Strong fiscal management skills and adequate understanding of non-profit accounting
* Knowledge of disability community and disability/assistive technology policy issues
* Strong background in program development, management, and outcomes evaluation
* Excellent people skills and ability to work with diverse populations
* Strong public speaking skills
* Ability and availability to travel within the states of Washington and Oregon.
Additional Desired Considerations
* Advanced degree, or equivalent experience, in public administration, community development, business administration or related field
* Experience with and/or knowledge of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)
* Experience with and/or knowledge of the Assistive Technology Act Programs
Salary: Starting salary between $75,000 and $90,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience. Benefits will include annual and sick leave, health, dental & vision coverage, and a simple IRA.
Expected start date: The beginning of October and is negotiable.
Application Procedures: Please email a resume and cover letter by September 8, 2017 to Alan Knue, Board President, at aknue at uw.edu<mailto:info at nwaccessfund.org>. Please specifically address your relevant experience and reasons why you are interested in this position.
All questions regarding this position may also be directed to Alan Knue at the above email address.
Northwest Access Fund
1437 S. Jackson St., Ste. 302
Seattle, WA 98144
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Executive Director Northwest Access Fund_2017 - v5.docx
Size: 17652 bytes
Desc: Executive Director Northwest Access Fund_2017 - v5.docx
More information about the NFBWATlk