[nfbwatlk] Service Dog Question

Gloria Rodriguez gr.windclan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:47:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just left a hone message about service animals using your phone number
but i forgot to mention what to do if the animal is truelly a fack, i'd say
one the user has been asked if that is a service animal and what tasks the
dog preforms as a part of its job then one of tow things should be done-
inform that about proper service animal behavior via the Americans with
disability act of 1990 and explain that seeing the dog attempt to attack
someone gives the church legitimate reason ti ask the dog to leave.

Im pretty inexpiernced as my dog and i have only been together a year and i
half but i thing confronting the handler before going to the head of the
church who should then for the dog to be removed is the better first step
this way the handler doesnt throw out the im being discriminated against
card. If the dog is a fack they will be scared of and likely the dog wont
return if they do go to the head of the church and have them ask for the
dog to be removed.

Service dogs should ideally not interact with other people while working so
biting, scratching, sniff, whimpering for attention, attacking and so on
are unexceptionable. If the handler did not attempt to carrect the dog that
is also a give away that it is a fake.
mah hope it helps
Gloria.