[nfbwatlk] Another device to help us "see"

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jun 25 00:47:33 UTC 2015

Personally I think, for the most part we should just take a deep
breath, and smile, when these articles about new devices come out.

Any new technology is initially going to be expensive, clunky, of
little use and maybe even a bad idea.  Scientists and engineers need
to fund their work, hence the publicity angle with all the articles
we see about our latest savior.

I think we work with people where we can, and ignore the rest.  Most
of it will go away, or evolve into something more useful.

Remember the initial KNFB Reader, it was big, clunky, expensive, and
had so-so performance.  But after  a couple versions it works well
and costs under $100 for the software.

Dave

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org