[nfbwatlk] Transit Guide-Bots for Blind Passengers?, Route Fifty presented by Government Executive, May 17 2015

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Jun 17 18:04:14 UTC 2015

Agreed. The one question Asimov failed to answer was how building those laws
into positronic brains would be enforced and by whom. I'm not faulting him
for that omission; after all, he was just out to tell good stories. And they
are superb stories, might I add -- especially "Nightfall".

But lest we wax too ecstatic about the powers of SF writers, let us also
remember that one of the phenomena that seemingly (given human nature) would
have been obvious to predict -- but wasn't -- was spam. Isaac Asimov's
"Multivac" didn't have spam on it. (grin)

Mike