[nfbwatlk] final notice for Washington seminar opportunity

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 1 23:19:29 UTC 2015

I am still accepting requests from those who wish to attend the 2016 NFB Washington Seminar. The dates are January 25-January 28. People need to fly in on Sunday, January 24 is order to be at the hotel in time for the first meeting on Monday afternoon. I will be making appointment with our Congressional and Senate Offices. We will have appointments on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so people can fly home on Thursday afternoon/evening. Please call me by this Friday, December 4 if you would like to attend. I can be reached at 206-604-5507.

Below is a paragraph about the Washington Seminar. In 2015 there were over 500 Federationists in attendance at the Washington Seminar. It is a very exciting event.

The Washington Seminar is an annual event of the National Federation of the Blind to introduce the agenda of blind Americans--the priority issues requiring congressional attention over the coming year. The issues are selected from official positions of the Federation and may address concerns in the following areas: relevant civil rights issues; educational programs and services; rehabilitation of the blind for competitive employment; the operation of vending facilities by blind persons on public property; specialized library services for the blind; the organization and funding of federal programs; Social Security and Supplemental Income programs; and other timely topics. Approximately three legislative initiatives are chosen for priority attention during the Washington Seminar.