[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] another article

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:20:47 UTC 2015

Great article, Mike.  But I do object to the part about people
using guide dogs.  I am a good cane traveler, but I am freely,
with aforethought, making the choice to travel with a dog.  I
think that this is the one thing that bugs me a bit about NFB.
(Grin).  I can walk proudly down the street, using my cane, and I
can walk proudly down the street, my dog at my side, leading me
around all the crap that I don't care to encounter on the street.
Why do we have to always judge each other as independent or
otherwise, because one chooses to use a dog? This will always
piss me off, and I'll proudly make my choices, depending on
circumstances I'm in and right now, I'm proudly, independently
waiting to go to Seeing Eye.  I'm also mad that some idiot
sightling stepped on my new $40 NFB folding cane, the first day I
had it out.  It was a fun cane to use.  We used some strong
reflective tape to fix the crack, and now it doesn't quite
function like it did, (it was my version of the little sports car
cane).  Lol.  Now it acts more like a Volkswagen.  Lol.    Peace,
Debby