[nfbwatlk] hospitality suite at convention

Don Mitchell donmi at q.com
Thu Sep 18 03:36:43 UTC 2014

I had a thought about the hospitality room. Tuesday night I was roaming my
hard disc and found a recording of a movie that would, I think, be a good
philosophy seminar stimulus. The Movie is a Steven King movie called "the
Langleers"
It is very tame for Steven king. One of the primary characters is a young
blind girl. We could observe the stereotypes and misconceptions about
blindness that come up and talk about why a blind character was even needed
in the plot. It is also a good story. I have read the book and seen the
movie many times so could explain anything that might be missing when just
listening to the movie. I do not have a video copy, I only have an MP3
recording.

It is a little last minute but watching a good movie is a good past time and
we could get some philosophy mileage out of it.

Don Mitchell