[nfbwatlk] OTC students at WCB conventions

Robert Sellers robertsellers500 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 00:40:16 UTC 2014

>From my experience, I believe that it's ok for Julie to be a member of
whatever organization she prefers. But, I do not believe, because of her
position at DSb,  she should hold an office in the organization. I would
think she would want to present an image of neutrality. As an officer of the
WSCB, she is obligated to promote and  support the philosophy ofACB.
It also places the WSCB in an awkard position. How easy will it be for them
to pass a resolution that opposes an action or policy that DSB or her
department mandates?
The NFB went through tis when a Commission was established in  1977.

She needs to assure that she will treat each organization equally. Her
actions will speak louder than what she says.

Bob