[nfbwatlk] FW: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] National Federation of the Blind Meet the Blind Month

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Oct 1 16:30:21 UTC 2014

From: State-affiliate-leadership-list
[mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Lewis, Anil via State-affiliate-leadership-list
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 9:14 AM
To: Affiliate Presidents (state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org); NABS
List (nabs-l at nfbnet.org)
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] National Federation of the Blind
Meet the Blind Month

Please share

Meet the Blind Month
https://nfb.org//meet-blind-month <https://nfb.org/meet-blind-month>

Meet the Blind Month is our nationwide campaign to increase awareness of,
and support for, the National Federation of the Blind (NFB). The NFB knows
that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can
live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. During this
month, the members of our affiliates, chapters, and divisions spread this
message by conducting a variety of outreach activities that will create
opportunities for people to meet the blind of their communities, and to
recognize that we are vital contributing members of society.

Some of our members will conduct creative Meet the Blind Month projects and
programs. Others will staff NFB blindness information tables at local venues
and events. Still others will simply walk around in populated areas with
brochures, a smile, and a handshake.  Whatever the activity, members of the
NFB will be sharing stories of how the National Federation of the Blind
helps us live the life we want.

It only takes one person with the right attitude, some NFB literature, and a
desire to share the philosophy of the National Federation of the Blind to
help overcome the obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Our
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute supports these
grassroots activities by coordinating the nationwide campaign and providing
access to materials.  Please contact us if you would like assistance in
identifying a NFB representative to participate in your local meeting or
event.

We want to share what our members are doing across the country to promote
meet the Blind Month, so we will be using social media to highlight various
Meet the Blind Month activities.  On Facebook, members will be posting
information about their activities to the National Federation of the Blind's
timeline.  You can search for #nfbmtbm14 on Twitter to get updates on Meet
the Blind Month activities. For these and other updates about National
Federation of the Blind activities, you can follow @NFB_Voice on Twitter.

Past Meet The Blind Month Activities

2013 <http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-2013>
2012 <http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-2012>
2011 <http://nfb.org/meet-the-blind-month-2011>
2010 <http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-events-2010>

C2014 All Rights Reserved - Copyright 2014 NFB

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.

Executive Director

National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland   21230

(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)

(410) 659-5129 (FAX)

Email: alewis at nfb.org

Web: www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/>

Twitter: @AnilLife

blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund
campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.