[nfbwatlk] Job hunting question

Mary ellen gabias at telus.net
Fri Nov 28 01:15:12 UTC 2014

Debbie,

If you can get in for an interview, you may be able to discuss your skills
and their needs.

Scanning should not be too difficult, especially if you have either the KNFB
Reader Mobile on your iPhone or a scanning OCR program (Kurzweil, Sara,
OpenBook.)  You can make copies, provided the copy machine isn't a menu
driven touch screen.

I'd suggest trying to get in there to talk with them, perhaps if they're
interested in you as an individual they might be willing to have a job coach
come with you to look over the techniques you need to develop.

As for the graphics stuff, it all depends on what portion of the work that
represents.

I'd say go for it if the overall work interests you provided the portions
that you feel unsure about aren't too much.

Good luck!