[nfbwatlk] New designs for Accessible Pedestrian Signals (APS)

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 04:11:46 UTC 2014

We have those here, and the verbal message says something like:
The walk sign is on to cross Wellesley, or whatever street you've
pushed the button to cross.  I actually like them because I'm
directionally challenged and they help me know which button to
push.  As you cross it gives a countdown which can be good and
bad.  At first, I wanted to hurry across.  But there's plenty of
time to cross, and now that I'm used to them, I don't hurry so
much.  Whether we like them or not, they are here to stay, I
think.     Peace,    Debby