[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] study announcement

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jun 14 17:06:55 UTC 2014

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Marina Bedny via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 5:53 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] study announcement

Dear David,

The National Federation of the Blind has generously agreed to let us conduct
a research study at the 2014 Convention. I wonder whether you would be kind
enough to forward our study announcement to the relevant list-serves? I've
pasted the announcement below.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Please let me know if I can
provide any further information.

Marina Bedny

Marina Bedny, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
Johns Hopkins University
Ames Hall 225
3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Office phone: 410-516-2841
http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html
marina.bedny at jhu.edu

Research Study at the National Federation of the Blind 2014 Convention

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab invites participants to take part in
research studies at the 2014 National Federation of the Blind convention.
The studies involve listening to sentences, listening to tones, reading
Braille and answering questions. The goal of this research is to better
understand how visual and non-visual experiences contribute to cognition.

There are two studies. You can choose to participate in either one or both
of these studies. Each study takes 2 hours and participants are compensated
$60 for taking part in each study. Prior to scheduling a study appointment
we ask that you complete a pre-screening interview over the phone to ensure
that you qualify. Among the qualification criteria, participants must be
congenitally and totally blind and between 18 and 50 years of age. The
screening interview takes between 15 to 30 minutes. Those who take part in
the interview will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate. To find out if you
qualify and to sign up for appointment please contact us by either calling
(410) 870-9895 or emailing plasticity_lab at jhu.edu.

Thank you for reading our announcement and we look forward to seeing you at
the National Federation of the Blind convention.

Marina Bedny, Ph.D.

Director of Neuroplasticity & Development Lab

Assistant Professor

Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences

Johns Hopkins University
marina.bedny at jhu.edu
http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html