[nfbwatlk] Discrimination on Metro bus

Cindy clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 07:04:40 UTC 2014

Hi, thank you for all the support and show media Chers.  We interviewed with the reporter in the story will most likely air tomorrow so we will be sure and share a link. Hopefully the story will accurately portray the situation and shed a positive light about blindness and the need for better driver education. To clarify, we were told that the ADA section was full thus  we needed to get on the bus behind him. As we proceeded to board the bus, I sensed that it was quite empty. We were told the same line that the ADA section was full several times and each time the drivers voice escalated and became more aggressive. After he said it about four times, Mike asked if the entire bus was full. The driver said that it was full. At this point, we chose  to  exit the bus and boarded the one behind it and had a very positive experience.

Cindy Bennett
1st Year Ph.D. Student, Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington

clb5590 at gmail.com