[nfbwatlk] drive in custodialism

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:02:38 UTC 2014

... And the well-established bystander effect was tested with
perfectly able-bodied people who needed help. It's been established
that people often don't help in emergencies because (a) they don't
notice what's going on, (b) aren't sure if help is actually needed,
(c) they think somebody else will help, or (d) they aren't sure how to
help. As blind folks we often get the opposite problem--assumptive
help when no help is required which leads to potential harm.
Arielle