[nfbwatlk] Kids Speak The Truth: Subminimum Wages - Share tomorrow fro Twitter Wednesday

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 03:11:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

The summer interns at our national center, along with children from the Maryland BELL program, created a YouTube video called “Kids Speak the Truth: Subminimum Wages.” Everyone who has a Twitter account should share the video with our Congressional delegation tomorrow; 8/20. If you don’t have a Twitter account you can create one or, most likely, find a friend or family member who has one and ask them to share this. If not, don’t worry. There will be other opportunities to share our message.This is a valuable part of spreading our Fair Wages message. I have included the list of our US Senators and Representatives with an indication of whether or not they are cosponsors of HR 831. If they are, please send them a Thank You tweet. I am also enclosing Rose Sloan’s message to us and her suggestions for tweet language. The link at the beginning of the first tweet takes them to the video.

Sen. Patty Murray - No - @Patty Murray
Sen. Maria Cantwell - No - @CantwellPress
Rep. Rick Larsen - No - @RepRickLarsen
Rep Susan Delbene - No - @RepDelbene
Rep. Doc Hastings - No - @DocHastings
Rep. Adam Smith - No - @RepAdamSmith
Rep. Derek Kilmer - No - @RepDerek Kilmer
Rep. Denny Heck - No - @RepDennyHeck
Rep. Jim McDermott - Yes -  @RepJimMcDermott
Rep. Dave Reichert - Yes - @davereichert
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers - Yes - @cathymcmorris
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler - Yes - @HerreraBeutler

All of those listed as “No” were either interested in cosponsoring or wanting to learn more about HR 831 when we visited them during the Washington seminar. Please call me with any questions.

Thank you for helping with this activity.

Marci Carpenter
206-604-5507

Fellow Federationists:

We are proud to announce the long awaited release of “Kids Speak the Truth: Subminimum Wages,” made by this summer's interns: Catherine Jacobson, Sarah Patnaude, Justin Salisbury and Yadiel Sotomayor at the Jernigan Institute. This video portrays children’s views on our fair wages initiative.

Please watch the video and encourage your friends and family to do the same. Additionally, we are designating tomorrow as a Twitter Wednesday! Please share this video with your Members of Congress via Twitter. As a reminder, you can find the Twitter handles of your Members of Congress at http://govsm.com/w/Senate and http://govsm.com/w/House.

For your convenience, here are some sample tweets. (Don’t forget to insert the handles of your Members of Congress into these tweets.)

http://bit.ly/1oaiAya. @PeterRoskam, will you support #FairWages for Workers with Disabilities by cosponsoring HR 831?

It’s common sense: People with disabilities deserve #FairWages. Please watch http://bit.ly/1oaiAya, @CongPalazzo.

Thank you, @cathymcmorris for cosponsoring HR 831. http://bit.ly/1oaiAya shows why PWD deserve #FairWages. 14c must be phased out.

PWD can only live the lives we want if we are ensured #FairWages. Please watch http://bit.ly/1oaiAya, @RepMattSalmon.

If you have any questions about fair wages, feel free to reach out to me.

Yours in the fight for fair wages,

Rose