[nfbwatlk] NFB of Washington Convention Draws Nigh!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Oct 9 18:31:18 UTC 2013

All:

This morning, the convention hotel, the Holiday Inn Downtown-Everett, tolt
Gary Mackenstadt that they had 21 rooms reserved. It's later than October 7
so the hotel is under no obligation to hold rooms for our convention. While
there may still be plenty of rooms for convention attendees, I urge you very
strongly to make your hotel reservations *now* so that if you intend to
attend our convention, you'll have a room to sleep in. You can find
information about the convention and a registration form on our
http://www.nfbw.org website. The number to call to make reservations is
(425) 339-2000. Be sure to tell the operator that you will be attending the
NFB of Washington convention to obtain the convention hotel rates.

I will put up a convention agenda on our website tomorrow afternoon. As a
teaser, however, Al Yardley has kindly offered to provide one-on-one
training using JAWS, window-eyes or other programs one hour at a time on
Friday, October 18, in the Directors' Room. Please let Mike Mello at
mike at mello.com know if you'd like such training.

There will also be an iPhone seminar from one to three Friday afternoon in
the hotel ballroom and a seminar on dealing with diabetes and blindness from
three to five that afternoon, also in the ballroom.

Remember, Dr. Maurer, President of the NFB, is our national representative.

Let's get those hotel reservations and convention registrations in and make
this a rousing convention!

Mike Freeman, President

National Federation of the Blind of Washington